The UNIL in the 20th century

1998

Implementation of a project for closer cooperation between the University of Lausanne, the University of Geneva and the Federal Polytechnic of Lausanne.

1996

Total number of students enrolled exceeded 9000.
Beginning of a project for closer cooperation between the Universities of Geneva and Lausanne.

1995

Inauguration of the new Chemistry building (BCH).

1991

Inauguration of the new School of Pharmacy building (BEP).

1987

The University celebrated the 450th anniversary of the founding of the Academy.
Inauguration of the new Human Sciences building (BFSH 2).

1986

Total number of students enrolled reached 6400.

1983

Inauguration of the new Biology building (BB).

1982

Inauguration of the new central building (BC).
The Central Administration and the Cantonal and University Library (BCU) were installed at Dorigny.

1981

Inauguration of the new building for the Rectorate and the Central Administration (BRA).

1977

A higher education law was passed conferring autonomous status on the University of Lausanne.

1973

Inauguration of the new Physics building (BSP).

Follow us:          
UNIL in the 20th century
Unicentre  -  CH-1015 Lausanne
Switzerland
Tel. +41 21 692 11 11
Fax +41 21 692 26 15